So based on our tests above. The methods we applied above really increased my website’s load speed.
Summary of methods used:
- Optimizing images and creating sprites.
Summary of results
- From initial total number requests of 80, we are able to stripped it down to 37.
- Original file size of the web page is reduced from 878kb to 98.2kb
- From a long 8 – 10 seconds loading time to blazing 0.6 – 1.2 seconds.
- Website loading time decreased to more or less 90%.
There are still some things you can do like setting up a CDN which isn’t tackled, but I hope this article helps you to increase your website’s speed.